We would like to thank you for supporting the school’s aim regarding the wearing of correct school uniform for our learners.
The school uniform can be purchased from:
Pullens 48-50 Church Road, Stanmore, HA7 4AH (t)020 8954 3850
Teeny Wear 325 High Rd, Harrow HA3 5EQ (t) 020 8863 3892
High Street or supermarket: white shirts/blouses, black skirts/trousers and school shoes can be purchased from any retailer, so long as there are no brands or logos.
Please make sure each item of clothing is clearly marked with your child's name.
The school uniform is currently under review. An updated list will be issued shortly.
The following items are required school uniform to be worn everyday:
- Blazer: Harrow High School navy blazer
- White shirt/blouse: plain with collar and top button suitable for ties.
- Harrow High School tie
- Jumper: Harrow High School navy V-neck embroidered with logo (optional)
- Black trousers: Classic loose-fitting school style and material.
- Black skirt: Skirts should be loose fitting, and the length between knee and ankle
- Socks or tights: Plain navy, black or white ankle socks (no patterned tights; no over the knee socks)
- School shoes: Plain black shoes of an appropriate design for school (no trainers e.g. Nike Airforce, boots, canvas plimsolls or high heels). Shoes must be smart and made of a fabric such as leather or PVC that can be polished.
Summer term only: Harrow High School white polo shirt
Compulsory PE/Games kit to be worn on PE/Games lessons days:
- PE sweater: navy embroidered Harrow High School logo
- Tracksuit trousers: navy with Harrow High School logo or Navy shorts with school logo
- Sports t-shirt: navy with Harrow High School logo
- Socks: Blue, black or white
- Trainers: suitable for multi-sports
School bags should be an appropriate style and size for carrying school books and equipment. Fashion handbags or similar are not considered suitable for school and are not allowed.
Outdoor coats should be:
- Plain (no large images, logos or slogans)
- Black, dark blue or dark grey. No other colours are permitted.
- Hoodies, denim or leather coats are not allowed.
Headbands and Headscarves
- Blue or black plain headbands only, no decorative or coloured items allowed
- Headscarves - plain navy blue, black or white
- All hair clips, bands, etc should be plain and in navy blue, black or white
Jewellery, Nail Varnish and Make-Up
Learners may wear ONE item of religious jewellery and a pair of stud earrings. For safety reasons rings, necklaces, long earrings or any other kind of adornment are not permitted. Nail polish, long nail extensions and excessive make-up are not allowed.
Your child should not wear:
- Hoodies or non-uniform jumpers this includes sportswear (branded or not) – jumpers or tracksuit tops
- Tight-fitting trousers/jeans, short skirts (worn above the knee) or trousers with studs
- Belts with large buckles or coloured belts
- White shirts that do not button up to the neck
- Black trainers or black canvas plimsolls in place of black shoes e.g. Nike Airforce
- Wearing trainers or boots with the school uniform at break and lunchtime when not engaging in sporting activity
- Steel toe capped boots or shoes
- Visible brightly coloured or patterned socks/tights/hairbands/hair clips
- Girls should not wear white or frilly ankle socks
- Any piercings except for single studs in earlobes
- Baseball caps or any type of peaked cap including bucket hats
- Bandannas of any colour
- Headscarves in any colour other than navy blue, black or white
- Loom bands bracelets or individual loom bands
- Brightly coloured coats or scarves with large logos, slogans or patterns
- Wearing scarves over their heads
- A hair colour of an unnatural shade (eg: green, blue, pink etc)
- Haircuts with patterns or lines shaved in the hair or eyebrows
- Coats or any form of jumper worn in place of blazers.
- False eyelashes and nail extensions
- Using anything to cover their faces
- Wearing coats hoods up and hats inside the school building
Learners who fail to wear the correct school uniform may be sent home to correct their uniform and return to school. They may also incur detentions for incorrect uniform. Items of non-uniform will be confiscated. Parent/carers may be requested to collect these items if they have been confiscated before.
Year12 and 13
Post 16 students, as older role models within the learning environment, are expected to be dressed appropriately. No baseball caps/hats are allowed.